- The National Archives of India is committed to ensure longevity of documents in its custody through an elaborate "Security Microfilming Programme" which is being practiced by the National Archives of India for over five decades. Microfilming is being used as a measure for preservation of records under disaster management against deterioration from use or loss due to natural calamity or man made sabotage and natural ageing and fading of inks.
- The Reprography Division is equipped with modern machines which not only attends to the needs of scholars apart from its normal functioning but is also engaged in the task of preparing security microfilms of valuable records as a precautionary measure against loss by fire, flood, war and sabotage.
- The Division is also converting the analog microfilm images into digital images to incorporate the same with the specially tailored Archival Information Management System Software.
Details of Series of Microfilm rolls / Microfiche sheets available in Microfilm Repository of NAI, New Delhi
- Departmental Series
- Foreign Acquisition Series
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Series
- Private Miscellaneous Series
- Sardar Patel Papers
- Crown Representative Papers
- Parliamentary Papers
- Microfilm rolls relating to different State Archives
- Oriental Document Microfilm Rolls
- Library Microfiche Sheets
- OR Document Microfiche Sheets
Schedule of rates for Reprographic Services
|S.No||Items||Indian Scholars||Foreign Scholars|
|Rate Per Exposure||Rs.6.00||Rs.40.00|
|Rate Per Meter||Rs.46.00||Rs.300.00|
|Rate for Size 600 Sq Cm or part thereof||Rs.46.00*||Rs.500.00*|
|4.||Processing of 35mm Microfilm||Rs.145.00||Rs.400.00|
|5.||Special copying: - As per estimate in each case
depending upon cost. Labour and material
|6.||Plain Paper Copies||Rs.3.00** per copy||Rs.6.00 per copy|
|7.||Cost of 35 x 30 meter microfilm Spool & Can||Rs.30.00||Rs.30.00|
|8.||Reader Printer Copy||Rs.7.00 per copy||Rs.30.00 per copy|
|9.||Search Fee||Rs.125.00 per day||Rs.125.00 per day|
- * The cost of making negatives when required will be extra.
- ** Rs. 1.50 per copy for Individual Indian Scholar.
- Other charges: An extra charge will be applicable for detagging 100 pages @ Rs.25/- Postage and packing charges extra on case to basis.
Schedule of Rates for supply of digital image in CD and Colour copies on A-4 Size plain copier paper
|S. No.||Rates for Indian Scholar||Rates for Foreign Scholar|
|1||Scanned image from Flatbed Scanner (Image will be supplied in JPG Format, Scanned at 200/300 dpi)||Rate per image = Rs. 20/- Minimum charges Rs. 50/-||Rate per image = Rs. 40/- Minimum charges Rs. 100/-|
|2||Scanned image from Microfilm Scanner (Image will be supplied in JPG Format, scanned at 200/300 dpi)||Rate per image = Rs. 24/- Minimum charges Rs. 50/-||Rate per image = Rs. 50/- Minimum charges Rs. 100/-|
|3||For color copy on A-4 Size plain copier paper||Rate per copy = Rs. 10/-||Rate per copy = Rs. 20/-|
|4||Cost of one CD (700 MB) i.e. Rs. 25/- extra for supply of Scanned images|
|8||As per in the calculation sheet Records / documents which are available in Microfilm form, only Scan images from Microfilm will be supplied.|
|6||Postage and packing charges will be extra on case to case basis.|